HISTORY / CREATION
The domestic water supply system in Miagao originated in the1950’s when an infiltration gallery was constructed along the bank ofTumagbokRiver. However, it only on in 1959 when the infiltration gallery was put to operation when pipelines were laid to supply the water requirements of the Poblacion.
In November 1988 Miagao Water District was formed by virtue of Sagguniang Bayan (SB) Resolution No.81 passed and approved by the Municipal Council. The following year on February 7, 1979 the Local Water Utilities Administration (LWUA) issued Conditional Certificate of Conformance (CCC) No. 383 to Miagao Water District and exists as a Government-Owned and Controlled Corporation (GOCC). The CCC entitled the Water District to avail of the institutional, technical and financial assistance from LWUA.