A. FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT
Formulates interrelated economic, social physical, and other development plans and policies for consideration of the local government development council; conducts continuing studies, researches, and training programs necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation; integrates and coordinates all sectoral plans and studies undertaken by the different functional groups or agencies; monitors and evaluates the implementation of the different development programs, projects, and activities in the local government unit concerned in accordance with the approved development plan; prepares comprehensive plans and other development planning documents for the consideration of the local development council; analyzes the income and expenditure patterns, and formulates and recommends fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the finance committee of the local government unit concerned as provided under Title Five, Book II of the Local Government Code, promotes people participation in development planning within the local government unit concerned; exercises supervision and control over the secretariat of the local development council; and exercises such other powers and performs such other functions and duties as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
1. To assist in the supervision, monitoring and evaluation of infrastructure projects for the development and progress of the community.
2. To assist in uplifting the socio-economic situation of the Municipality in terms of systematic planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs;
3. To prepare annual short term, medium term and long term development plans.
4. To prepare project proposals and feasibility studies.
5. To strictly enforce the Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP) and zoning ordinance of 2002.
6. To perform other functions related to planning and development of the Municipality in accordance with laws and ordinances.