MINUTES OF PRE-BID CONFERENCEPresent were: Tomasa Arlene N. Nufuar Chairman John F. Nocal Vice Chairman Jane N. Valenzuela Member Engr. Diosdado F. Facon Member Larry F. Munion Member Clarita T. Monteclaro Member Engr. Franco Carlo Monteclaro TWG Head Valsermar Cernan Faicol TWG Member Aida F. Deramas TWG Member Ramona Nacanaynay TWG Member Cheryl N. Monreal Head, Secretariat Jennifer T. Frigillano Asst. Head , Secretariat Jorinda Moreno Secretariat Member Rey F. Nacisvalencia Secretariat Member Rudolfo A. Depatillo Architect (Observer) Engr. Allan S. Dumalay RAD Office (Observer) Wilson N. Bernardino NGO Representative (Observer) Isidro Mondejar II Representative of Tacolod Enterprises, Inc. Mariolou Onaite Representative of F. Gurrea Construction, Inc. Cherrie P. Estrellado Representative of RRL Builders Corporation Bayani Rubiano Representative of E.R. Venzon Construction Nilo J. Jardeleza Representative of JJS Construction Maurine Rose Artaba Representative of Kris DB Construction & Supply
- The pre-bid conference for the Construction of Two (2) Storey Market Building, Miagao Public Market, Nonato St., Miagao, Iloilo was called to order at 2:20 p.m. of March 7, 2013 at the Conference Room of the Municipal Building.
- BAC Chairman Tomasa Arlene N. Nufuar presided the meeting. The roll was called and declared a quorum.
- BAC Chairman Tomasa Arlene N. Nufuar read and discussed the provisions of the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 9184 specifically on the conduct of Pre Bid Conference.
- Engr. Diosdado F. Facon discussed the contents of the bidding documents. He encouraged the bidders for a site/location visit.
- Representative of E.R. Venzon Construction queried about the inclusion of as to what category of PCAB License in the Invitation to Bid. BAC Member Jane N. Valenzuela answered him that the BAC is using the prescribed GPPB Form and the item he was querying will be found in the later part of the Bidding Documents. Mrs. Valenzuela also stressed out the time deadlines. Deadline of the submission of bids will be on March 19, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. and the Opening of the bids will be on March 19, 2013 at 10:00 a.m.
- BAC Vice Chairman John F. Nocal took over the discussion on the Instructions to Bidders up to the Special Conditions of the Contract.
- Technical Specifications were discussed by Technical Working Group Head Engr. Franco Carlo Monteclaro. He also informed the bidders as to the location of the project.
- Technical Working Group Head Engr. Franco Carlo Monteclaro pointed out a correction on Section VII Bill of Quantities on the Bidding Documents. Item NO. 11, 576 sq.m. Steel Truss and Purlins will be deleted since it was already covered in Item No. 9. From 21 items, Bill of Quantities is reduced to 20 items. It was unanimously agreed to submit a Supplemental Bid Bulletin for this matter.
- Representative of E.R. Venzon Construction asked if contracts to be stated in the bid should be market or building. BAC Member Jane N. Valenzuela answered him that only one (1) similar contract is our minimum requirement and the BAC does not limit it to construction of market only. BAC Vice Chairman John F. Nocal added that bidders could submit as many similar contracts as they can, provided all the specifications are met.
- There having no other remaining topics for discussion, the pre-bid conference was adjourned 4:00 p.m.
CHERYL N. MONREAL
Head - BAC Secretariat
TOMASA ARLENE N. NUFUAR