The local government here joined in the conduct of the 2nd National Simultaneous Earthquake Drill.
The employees were earlier reminded to observe the following steps or protocols when an earthquake occurs:
• When inside a building, stay calm and do the “Duck, Cover and Hold”;
• Duck under a strong table and hold on to it. Stay alert for potential threats.
• Stay away from glass windows, shelves, and heavy objects.
• After the shaking stops, exit the building and go to the designated evacuation area.
• When you are outside, move to an open area, stay away from buildings, trees, electric posts, and landslide-prone areas.
• If you are in a moving vehicle, stop and exit the vehicle.