The Association of Local Social Welfare and Development Officers of the Philippines (ALSWDOPI) is not yet done of recognizing Mayor Macario Napulan, MD for his outstanding social services performance.
In a letter dated December 20, 2021 to Mayor Napulan, ALSWDOPI Iloilo Chapter President Ma. Janette Alunday confirms the Outstanding Municipal Mayor of the Philippines – Visayas Island Award with a merit of Sustainable Performance Award.
It may be noted that Mayor Macario Napulan has been Outstanding Mayor for three years placing him the in the Hall of Fame pedestal.
“The Social Welfare and Development programs and services of your administration particularly in this challenging times to address the needs of your constituents are so admirable and we thank you for sharing your innovations,” said Mrs. Alunday.
Gawad Parangal by ALSWDOPI is an annual search in recognition for the outstanding performance of local chief executives and employees in the field of social work.
Our congratulations again Mayor! We are proud of you!
Awards have been pouring in for the Municipality of Miagao. Today, Miagao was conferred an Anti Drug Abuse Council Special Award during the online Recognition of the Iloilo Provincial Entries to the 2021 Excellence in Local Governance Awards: Rising Above the Challenge Edition.
The Award was in recognition for the local government’s outstanding efforts against the proliferation of illegal drugs in the municipality.
The Award was also a testament to the hard work of the LGU in tandem with it’s other partner CSO in clearing the barangays of illegal drugs despite the prevailing COVID19 pandemic
As such, Miagao was picked as among the awardees because if it’s long been achieved drug-cleared status and for having sustained the drug-free status of it’s unaffected barangays.
For his part, Mayor Macario Napulan warmly embraced the recognition since it was never been easy for the offices concern and the LGU in general to maintain its drug free status given the trials and hardships that the municipality face amidst the pandemic.
The “dagyaw” exemplary spirit of the people of Miagao and its local government has never gone wasted after it was recognized by the Department of Social Welfare and Development Region VI as the “Most Responsive LGU in Implementing RRP-CCAM- DRR” and “Best LGU Implementing RRP-CCAM-DRR with Exemplary Bayanihan (Dagyaw) Spirit”.
This came after the bayanihan spirit of the offices of the MSWDO headed by Mrs. Rosalinda Mueda, Municipal Environment and Natural Resources Officer under Mr. Isidro Mosura and Municipal Agriculturist under Ms. Ma. Frea Monsale worked in tandem with the 37 barangays in the establishment of the food forest. The LGU offices concern worked on the documentary requirements and technical assistance while the barangays worked on the ground to put up and maintain the food forest project.
This has benefited a total of 1,500 recipients who was given assistance for the 10-day period that they worked with the project.
Mayor Macario Napulan for his part lauded the effort of the Offices mentioned and the barangays which resulted to this award.
MIAGAO, ILOILO – The Municipality of Miagao gets another recognition for its effective and efficient implementation of strategies against the harmful effects climate change in the Municipality.
The Certificate of Recognition and Award was presented to Miagao through Mayor Macario N. Napulan, MD in a virtual awarding ceremony of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Environment Management Bureau Western Visayas held earlier today.
“Climate change is definitely upon us. Being mindful of this, I am loud and proud that we have laid down an effective climate change adaptation strategies that improved the resilience of Miagaowanons especially those living in the barangays that are most vulnerable to the impacts of climate change,” Mayor Napulan said in his speech during the awarding ceremony.
The strategies that Mayor Napulan were referring to were inked in the Local Climate Change Action Plan and are being implemented by the different offices with the Office of the Municipal Environment and Natural Resources Officer as the lead agency.
“Today, as you recognize our efforts, I am happy that something is being done to address the problem – and know that it is being done right,” Napulan concluded.
MIAGAO, Iloilo – Mayor MacarioNapulan, MD was conferred the first of Hall of Fame Awardee as one of the Outstanding Local Chief Executives of the Philippines by the Association of the Local Social Welfare and Development Officers of the Philippines Inc. (ALSWDOPI)in a virtual ceremony during the Association’s 24th National Social Welfare and Development Forum and General Assemply.
“I am humbled and grateful for this. This achievement is dedicated to God, as well as, to my beloved Miagaowanons, who had endeavored with me through the years for MiagaosaPagbag-o, a public governance that is for the people, the people and of the people,” Mayor Napulan said.
According to Mayor Napulan, he considered social governance as his top priority among other areas of local governance. In his stint as Municipal Mayor, Miagao has steadfastly gained momentum and had earned significant development outputs and notable recognitions to include Seal of Child-Friendly Local Governance, Seal of Good Local Governance, Seal of Good Housekeeping, Seal of Good Education Governance, Excellence in Local Governance, GawadKalasag, PasidungogsaNutrisyonChampion, among others. These accomplishments granted him the recognition as Outstanding Local Chief Executive of the Philippines, 1st to 3rd Class Municipality in the GawadParangal for three years in 2018, 2019 and 2021 by the ALSWDOPI.
“I feel a sense of accomplishment everyone I conceptualized a project up to its actual completion, and being able to witness the benefit it gives to my people brings me joy. For I want my fellow Miagaowanons happy and contented,” he said.
For the 2021 validation on October 18, 2021, the evaluators looked into the following as criteria:
- Annual Investment Plan, Comprehensive Local Development Plan and Comprehensive Land Use Plan for the last three years
- Narrative accomplishments with action photos focusing on the implementation of local social welfare and development programs and services within a year
- Introduced innovative social welfare and development interventions and good practices
- Enacted Local Legislation in support to local social welfare and development programs.
- Appropriated funds for the implementation of local social welfare and development program/projects and services.
- Awards and commendations received.
NAPULAN BANNERED 47 PPAs
For the 2021 validation on Cotober 18, 2021, Mayor Napulan was loud and proud of to showcase 47 programs, projects and accomplishment presentation in a 45-minute video. These PPAs are the following:
– Creation of the Local COVID19 Task Force and Establishment of Miagao COVID19 Task Force
– Establishment of Quarantine Facilities and Provisions of Food and Other Supplies
– COVID19 Case Management, Contact Tracing, RT-PCR testing, Vaccination and Emergency Response
– Project “HUGYON” (Hugpongkag Mag-Ugyon Kita Miagaowanon)
– Labor Market and Employment Facilitation Program
– MiagaoWalaGutomsaTyempo sang Pandemya
– Suatinable Livelihood Program
– Persons with Disability Program
– Senior Citizen’s Welfare Program
– Early Childhood Care and Development
– PagkabalakasamgaBabayesaTion sang Pandemya
– TatayKabahonka sang Pagbag-o
– Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation (AICS) in 15 minutes
– Project DOK
– Solo Parent Association of Miagao
– Miagao OFW Family Circle
– SerbisyoPag-ulikidsamgaKubos for Recovered Drug Dependents (Aftercare Transformation and Re-integration of Persons Who Used Drugs (PWUD)
– MAC Growth Program
– Miagao Food Forestry
– Adoption Program
– Kabalakaky Lola Oya
– 24/7 First Aid and Birthing Clinic
– Establishment of Animal Bite Treatment Center
– Substance Abuse and Prevention Program
– Zero Open Defecation
– Health and Nutrition Programs
– Project TOKSAM, Adlawni SAM and NgitingAlagaparakay SAM
– Basura Mo, PagkaonKo Project
– Pasyente Mo, SugatonKo
– Organic Agriculture Program
– Miagao Assistance to College Students
– I am for HOPE
– Gulayansa Barangay Health Station, GulayansaPaaralan and Gulayansa Barangay
– Project BEST: BuyagngaEmpleyadosaSerbisyoTodoTodo
– KooperasyonkagKoordinasyon Para saMaulingaMiagaowanon
– Forest and Climate Change Protection Project
– HIV/AIDS Prevention Program
– OplanSalbar Bata
– Referral of Abuse, Neglected and Abandoned Children
– Service Delivery Network
– We ACCESS: Online Banking, Saving Time, Beating Deadlines
– PRIME-HRM: Program to Institutionalize Meritocracy and Excellence in Human Resource Management of LGU Miagao
– Grant of Hazard Pay to all Municipal Employees
– Support to Education on Modular and Blended Learning during COID19 Pandemic
– Opening and Concreting of Farm-to-Market Roads
“It is my fervent prayer to our Almighty God to sustain and keep us united as we endeavor to heal as one,” concluded Mayor Napulan.
Gawad Parangal is an annual search for outstanding service in the field of social work among local leaders and social workers. The Search is initiated by the ALSWDOPI, a professional organization of the provincial, city and municipal social welfare and development officers in the country.