A. FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT
Takes charge of the office on health services and supervises the personnel and staff of said office; formulates programs, implement guidelines, rules and regulations for the operation of the said office for the approval of the mayor, in order to assist him in the efficient, effective and economical implementation of health service programs geared to implementation of health-related projects and activities; formulates measures for the consideration of the sanggunian and provides technical assistance and support to the mayor, as the case maybe, in carrying out activities to endure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to health services provided under Section 17 of the code, develops plan and strategies and upon approval thereof by the mayor, implements the same, particularly those which have to do with health programs and projects which the mayor is empowered to implement and which the sanggunian is empowered to provide for under this code; formulates and implements policies, plans, programs and projects to promote the health of the people in the local government unit concerned; advises the mayor, and the sanggunian on matters pertaining to health; executes and enforces all laws, ordinances and regulations relating to the public health, recommends to the saggunian, through the local health board, the passage of such ordinances as he may deem necessary for the preservation of public health, recommends the prosecution of any violation of sanitary laws; ordinances or regulations; directs the sanitary inspection of all business establishments selling foods items or providing accommodations such as hotels, motels, lodging houses, pension houses, and like, in accordance with the Sanitation Code; conducts health information campaigns and render health intelligence services; coordinates with other government agencies and non-government organizations involved in the promotion and delivery of health services; is in the frontline of health services delivery, particularly during the aftermath of manmade and natural disasters as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
- Renovation of dilapidated Barangay Health Stations supported by barangays concerned.
- To procure necessary logistics and medical supplies for the maintenance of Health Programs
- To establish linkage between Iloilo Doctor’s Hospital School of Midwifery, UPV Public Health and SIPC-WVCST on Primary Health Care Program
- To conduct seminars and training programs, to update and improve knowledge and practices
- To fill up vacancies of four Rural Health Midwives
- Sustain Milk Feeding Program and supplementary feeding
- To maintain potability of water supplies and to increase the percentage of households with sanitary toilets
- Increase benefits of Emergency Room staff/ volunteers to 25%
- PhilHealth accreditation of Maternity Clinic packages while maintaining DOTS and out-patient packages
- Accreditation on Sentrong Sigla Phase I of Valencia, Damilisan & Aguiauan BHS & Phase II for Main Health Center.
- Computerization of individual treatment records and other health programs
- To establish a Primary Clinic