A. FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT
Formulates measures for the approval of the sanggunian and provides technical assistance and support to the mayor in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to social welfare and development services as provided for under Section 17 of this Code; develops plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the mayor, implements the same particularly those which have to do with social welfare programs and projects which the mayor is empowered to implement and which sanggunian is empowered to provide for under this Code; is in the frontline of service delivery, particularly those which have to do with immediate relief during and assistance in the aftermath of man-made and natural disaster and natural calamities; recommends to the sanggunian and advises the mayor on all other matters related to social welfare and development services which will improve the livelihood and living conditions of the inhabitants; exercises such other duties functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
- To identify the basic needs of the needy, the disadvantaged and the impoverished and to develop their living conditions through livelihood projects and other assistance.
- To provide relief and appropriate crisis intervention for minors and women who are victims of abuse and exploitation and to recommend appropriate measures to deter further abuse and exploitation.
- To assist the mayor in implementing the barangay level day care/kindergarten center for the total development and protection of children up to six (6) years of age and Early Childhood Care and Development Program otherwise known as R.A. 8980 to five targeted barangays.
- To implement RA 9257 otherwise known as Expanded Benefits for Senior Citizens Act.
- To assist the mayor and coordinate with other stakeholders for the implementation of NHIP from 30% to 60% of identified indigent families
- To strengthen organizations of Persons with Disabilities and implement the Magna Carta for disabled persons otherwise known as RA 9442.
- Establishment of a holding center for children in conflict with the law. 8. To support GAD related programs and projects of the municipality.