A. FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT
Develops plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the mayor, implements the same particularly those which have to do with the management and administration related programs and projects which the Mayor is empowered to implement and which the Sanggunian is empowered to provide under the Local Government Code; is in the frontline of the delivery of administrative support services, particularly those related to the situations during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities; recommends to the Sanggunian and advises the Mayor on all other matters relative to the management and administration of the local government unit.
As chief of staff, coordinates with the department heads, directs the mayor’s staff and oversees daily operations of the office, monitors office procedure, processes information before presentation to the mayor, supervises mayor’s schedule and communications, provides policy advice and executes the mayor’s orders; and exercises such other powers and performs such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
1. To assist in the coordination of the work of all the officials of the local government unit, under the supervision, direction, and control of the mayor, and for this purpose, he may convene the chiefs of offices and other officials of the local government unit;
2. To establish and maintain a sound personnel program for the local government designed to promote career development and uphold the merit principle in the local government service;
3. To conduct a continuing organizational development of the local government unit with the end in view of instituting effective administrative reforms.
4. To undertake restructuring of the whole municipal organization.
5. To implement programs as directed by the mayor.